Sold! Move-in ready University Park brick Cape Cod
Updated: Nov 2, 2022
UPDATE! Settled on 10/24/22 for $730,000. The house was under contract after only 3 days on the market.
4324 Underwood Street, University Park -$725,000
4 bed, 3.5 bath, garage
For sale…sunny, move-in ready, brick Cape Cod with a large, updated kitchen and bathrooms right in the heart of sought-after University Park!
You will love the open plan kitchen with quartz counters, stainless steel appliances and a breakfast bar. With 4 nicely sized bedrooms, including a Primary Suite with its own bathroom and roomy walk-in closet, and 3.5 bathrooms as well as an attached garage--this house has room for everybody and everything. The bright Sunroom feels nicely connected to the Living Room and could be a great playroom, office or lounge. Conveniently, there is a main floor Powder Room and Bedroom. The basement is fully finished with a Mudroom right off of the Garage and a Bedroom with access to a full Bathroom. There are beautiful construction details throughout such as the pretty mantle of the recently relined wood burning fireplace, gleaming Oak floors, crown molding and wainscotting along with comfortable updates such as recessed lights and replacement windows with custom honeycomb blinds. The HVAC, furnace, washer and dryer are energy efficient are only 7 years old.
The spacious and private backyard is completely enclosed by a cedar fence with copper post caps and features a great spot for cooking-out on a flagstone patio with LED lighting.
University Park is a highly desirable neighborhood located along the Route One Corridor in Prince Georges County. Visually-appealing, well-maintained houses are trademarks of the neighborhood which maintains a quiet small-town feel while, at the same time, being in easy reach of public transportation, shopping, restaurants and entertainment. There is an active civic association which hosts the 4th of July parade, an annual chili cook-off, outdoor movie nights and other fun, yearly events. Families with young children appreciate that University Park Elementary is one of the top-rated schools in the county.
The house is conveniently close to PG Plaza and College Park Metro stations, a Marc Train stop, the University of Maryland, Whole Foods, a new Trader Joes (expected 2023), the Hyattsville Arts district, the brand-new Hyattsville library, restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, and gyms. There is a beautiful network of trails to explore on bike or foot. Schedule a visit today!
Recent improvements and upgrades
The house was remodeled in 2015 at the time the current owners purchased the house and included the following updates:
· replacement windows
· updated and expanded kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless-steel appliances
· updating all four bathrooms
· refinished original oak floors
· intricate wainscoting and molding details installed
· recessed lighting installed
· hot water heater installed
· chimney relined
· laminate floors installed in the sunroom
· tile floors and carpet installed in the lower level
Interior improvements made by current owners:
· Energy efficient washer and dryer (Spring 2015)
· Energy efficient HVAC and furnace (Summer 2015)
· Custom honeycomb shades installed on the first floor (top down/bottom up), master bedroom, and other second floor bedroom (cordless) (Winter 2015)
· Dormer space in master bedroom insulated, finished with subfloor, electrical, climate controlled, and door installed to create additional storage (Spring 2016)
· New PVC main drain stack installed and additional insulation added to dormer space behind second floor hall bathroom (Winter 2019)
· First floor and stairway to second floor repainted, along with the second floor hall bath. The master bath was also repainted and mold resistant drywall was installed in the ceiling above the shower (Winter 2019)
Exterior improvements made by current owners:
· 4’ Cedar unsealed fence installed in the backyard with copper post caps (Summer 2015)
· Backyard flagstone patio installed with matching stoop and steps with LED lighting, along with drainage installed to funnel water to the right and away from the house (Summer 2018)
· Reshingled rear dormer roof and installed new bathroom fan roof vent (Fall 2018)
· Front steps and walkway repoured concrete (Fall 2021)
· New garage door opener (Spring 2022)
· Rebuilt front door casing, replaced front door and added glass storm doors with screen insert to both the front and back doors (Spring 2022)
· Gutter guards installed (Spring 2022)
See the full listing
Ready to see it in person?
Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-413-4141. Hurry! This one won't last.
I'm Tamara Beauchard - I help busy people sell their houses easily.
Too many people have been through the horrible process of selling their homes without understanding what price they can expect and how they are supposed to make their homes look for showings. The problem isn't the people selling their homes, the problem is that they needed a better guide.
How can I be your guide? As a top-performing realtor with Re/Max Professionals, I handled nearly $16 million in real estate transactions this past year. I stay on top of the market to ensure that you are confident about the price and the process from our first meeting to the settlement table.